Recipes filled with superfood ingredients that hydrate, improve elimination and serve as a pre-biotic to encourage the growth of healthy gut flora. A healthy, hydrated body that’s balanced makes for a happy, hydrated, balanced vagina!
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 pint strawberries, fresh whole, divided
- 2 TBSP seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP roasted pine nuts
- 3/4 c cooked shredded or cubed chicken breast
- 1/2 c cooked quinoa
- Put spinach in a salad bowl. Slice strawberries in quarter-inch pieces. Set aside one-fourth of the sliced strawberries.
- Add the remaining to the salad bowl. Add toasted pine nuts to the bowl.
- Next, make the dressing by puréing the remaining strawberries with a handheld purée device or blender. Add the olive oil, sugar and rice wine vinegar. Add the dressing to the salad, toss and enjoy!!
Tzatziki and Vegetables
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 English cucumber, seeded, finely grated and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or mint
- 1 teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil on top and serve with your favorite grilled or raw vegetables!
Sweet Potato Lentil Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- 2 cups brown lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Fresh Parsley sprigs for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot. Add onions and garlic, and sauté about 3 minutes. Add the celery, carrot, and sweet potato and sauté for about 5 minutes until everything softens slightly. Season with salt and pepper, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add lentils and sauté 1 - 2 minutes, then add the broth, water, and tomato paste. Stir to combine and until the tomato paste has dissolved. Bring the soup to a boil, cover, and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice, spinach, and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, serve with wedge of Lemon
Apple Pie Smoothie
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice blend
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Begin by peeling, coring, and chopping the apples.
- In a blender, combine the chopped apples, almond milk, Greek yogurt, almonds, honey, ground cinnamon, and apple pie spice blend.
- If you prefer a colder smoothie, you can add a handful of ice cubes as well.
- Blend all the ingredients together until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness by adding more honey if necessary.
- Once your Apple Pie Smoothie is well blended and to your desired sweetness, it's ready to be served.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass, and if you like, you can sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top for added flavor and garnish.
- 1 cup Fine Bulgur Wheat #1
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 3 large Tomatoes seeds removed, diced small
- 1/2 English Cucumber
- 2 bunches Flat Leaf Parsley finely chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Mint finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Start by adding warm water to the bulgar wheat in a bowl. Set aside and let it sit for 15 minutes while you prepare the remainder of the salad.
- Dice the cucumber and tomatoes and set them aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley, mint and green onions then add to the mixing bowl with the diced vegetables. Pour the bulgar wheat to the mixture and then add in the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Serve as a side salad or with pita chips to add a crunch!
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprkia
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 springs of flat parsley, for garnish
- 1 lemon cut into thin slices, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and spices.
- Lay the salmon filets into an oven-safe baking dish. Pour the mixture all over the top of the fish, and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Bake in the preheated oven until salmon is flaky and golden on top, 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley springs and serve with slices of lemon.
Peaches & Cream Smoothie
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup frozen peach sections
- 1/2 banana
- 1 scoop of your favorite unflavored or vanilla collagen powder
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 dates, pitted
- small handful of ice
- Toss it all in your high-powered blender and drink immediately. This recipe makes one serving.
Vegetable Avocado Salad
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 large avocados, cut in wedges
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, freshly juiced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, avocados, and chopped cilantro into a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and add the lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Add paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Lox and Avocado Toast
- 2 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 oz smoked salmon
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 6 mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 of a medium red onions, thinly sliced
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cut the mini heirloom tomatoes in half. Put them in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Toast the sourdough slices to your liking.
- Place avocado slices on top of toasted sourdough. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Put the marinated tomatoes on top next, followed by the sliced red onions. Top with the smoked salmon and enjoy!
Cranberry Crumble Bar
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup diced butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almond flour, salt, and brown sugar. Add the diced butter and mix until crumbly.
- Set aside about 1 cup of the oat mixture for the crumble topping.
- Press the remaining oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to form the crust.
- In a saucepan, combine fresh cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and arrowroot starch. Cook over medium heat until the cranberries burst and the mixture thickens. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Spread the cranberry mixture evenly over the oat crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture over the cranberry layer to create the crumble topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow the cranberry crumble bars to cool completely before cutting into squares. Enjoy these delightful bars with a perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors!